The hundred day project begins on Tuesday 3 April!
My chosen project is to spend 100 days stashbusting.
Just over a month ago, I moved into a new flat. Lets just say the storage in this flat isn’t quite the same and I have 7 crates of fabric and wool that can’t go anywhere.
I’m not expecting miracles to happen in 100 days, but I am hoping that I can take a really good dink out of the excess stash I have. It’s also a useful time frame for certain items; if I don’t find a way to use them in the next 100 days, it’s time they’re given away so that someone else has the opportunity to find some use out of them.
While de-cluttering is a key motivation in this project, there are other benefits I hope to find with this project:
- Try out some patterns I haven’t got around to
- Become a bit more creative and resourceful with what I have
- ‘Bite the bullet’ with some items (in particular, fabrics) and just use it rather than waiting for the perfect pattern
How I’m preparing for the project:
- Looking through my patterns and books for inspiration
- Looking through my fabric to organise it into potential projects
- Considering any special occasions coming up (birthdays, father’s day… even Christmas!)
- Keeping my #2018makenine list nearby to see if I can complete some of these (I haven’t completed any at this point…)
- Sorting through my yarn so see what I have in which weight
So… wish me luck and stay tuned for updates!
For regular updates on the project, take a look at my instagram account.